You (” You”) and Lingopot Limited, (“Lingopot Limited” or “We” or “Us”) agree upon this Agreement. Lingopot Limited provides a service that brings together (like you) freelance translators with clients who want their content and resources to be translated into specific languages (the “Service”).
You agree to this Translator Agreement, the Lingopot Limited Translator NDA, and the Lingopot Limited Terms of Service by using this service. If you do not agree to the provisions of this Agreement, you may not use the service and may not contact any Lingopot Limited customers (the “customers”).
You assert that you are 18 years of age or older in your place of residence or jurisdiction.
- You have read and agree to the Lingopot Limited Translator NDA.
You agree to the NDA mentioned above of the Lingopot Limited Translator. The NDA, among other things, requires:
Customer source content, guidance, instructions, glossaries, or other materials given by a Customer or Customer’s information cannot be copied, shared, or distributed.
All Client Materials and Customer information must be treated as private.
Outside of direct conversation with the Customer through the Lingopot Limited comment system or with a Lingopot Limited staff member, you may not utilize any Client Materials or reference or discuss Customer content or information. For example, even if the Customer is publicly known to be a Lingopot Limited Customer, You may not discuss or disclose the range or Customer of any tasks You work on with other translators, Customers, family members, friends, or coworkers (e.g., Twitter, Facebook, Your blog).
Furthermore, you must delete all Client Materials within 30 days after completing a task or when you no longer need them (for example, if You declined to take the job). You may retain the translations You generated for archival reasons, but you may not use them publicly or publish them as a translation sample or in any other way.
- You commit to provide high-quality translations.
Your translation must follow the Lingopot Limited Quality Policy and meet the quality requirements and any additional instructions or requirements for each project. You commit to executing the job professionally and on your own. The submission of any machine translation that does not exceed Lingopot Limited’s quality standards may result in an immediate termination of the project or this Agreement.
- You undertake to exercise sound judgment and to act in Lingopot Limited’s best interests.
- a) Highlight problematic occupations Customer error or technical faults are possible on each task handled by the Lingopot Limited system. If you observe difficulties with a job, particularly an open one, be proactive and assist the community. Flag the work using the “Flag difficulties with this job” form in the comments area of the task, and if required, submit a support ticket right once. Among the potential “issues” in a job are:
The incorrect language pair was requested.
According to the Lingopot Limited Quality Policy, the source material is unacceptable.
The word count is incorrect.
Any questionable or unusual demands from a customer should be noted in the comments area.
- b) Do not include translation in comments. Do not submit your translation in a job’s comments area. A Customer may take the translation from the comments area and reject Your job, which means You will not be paid for the work You have completed.
- b) Respond to Customers and Lingopot Limited in a timely and professional manner. Please read the comments and questions from customers carefully and respond to them swiftly, clearly, and professionally. Use no harsh or obscene words. Customers should not be given any reasons or personal information. Instead, try to settle disagreements professionally and quickly. You are required to respond promptly to Lingopot Limited and Customer notifications since most communication is time-critical (such as comments on a job). You accept full responsibility for failing to read communications or notices, including those that may result in You losing Your reimbursement.
- d) Do not restrict work opportunities. It would be best if you only took employment for which you are qualified.